Thursday, October 18, 2012

It Has Been 11 Years Now

As I sit here and look back over the past 11 years, I am honestly amazed that I am still alive. I thought for sure this was going to kill me, physically, since it had already done so spiritually. I can honestly say that despite always hearing that "Time heals all wounds..." I know that not to be true. It has not healed my wounds nor will it ever. Some wounds just cannot be healed. It has been a long 11 years, and those of us who have been in this for awhile have seen so many changes, since that dreadful day we were tangled in the web of Child Protection Services. The changes have been both for the good, and for the bad. For example the bad changes are everyone and their mother and then some are finding themselves dealing with CPS. So there are a lot more cases now then there was then. But here is the good news, thanks to all of us old timers who made it their mission in life to educate others so they wont have to make the same mistakes we did, there are a lot more families being reunited. A lot more parents are more aware of their rights as parents now, and they are slowly taking a stand, fighting to make a change. To all of the old timers I want to say thank you, for all the sacrifices and the time and effort you put in over the years to educate us all. And to all of the newbies, I am sorry you are having to go through this, and my best advice to you is educate yourself, there is no excuse for your lack of knowledge when it comes to fighting for your kids. Also keep your head up and whether or not you do get your kids back always remember life does go on whether we like it or not, and it never gets easier living with out your kids. There will always be a hole inside of you that cant be filled. I wish you the best of luck. And may God Be With You. Jessica Lynn Hepner

No comments: